Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's ovah!

Why yes, it has been over 7 months since I've updated here!  How 'bout that.  Life has been a tad complicated over the past year, but things are starting to even out + feel really good again.

And hey - my back is finished!  My last appointment was #17 on August 5th.  The final three sessions were dedicated solely to re-outlining a great majority of the design, since my skin ate up a lot of those fine lines the first time around.  And now, 3 months later, it's holding up beautifully!  What a relief.  

What I've learned:  stress wreaks havoc in funny ways.  Yes, I am blaming my skin's healing issues on stress.  Stress + wheat + sugar.  Once I finally opened up to some big truths about myself + released an escape valve for my stress, my skin started cooperating with me again.  F'ing amazing. 

This backpiece took over 30 hours + a decent (but happily-spent) bit of my savings.  It showed me that I have an abundance of patience, strength, and love.  And the process helped me see myself more clearly + discover more of what I want from my life. 

I don't have any pictures of the finished tattoo.  That will happen when it happens.  In the meantime, I leave you with my last view of the gorgeous Brooklyn skyline outside the shop. 

Many, many thanks to Steph.  Not only is she a kick-ass tattoo artist, but an amazing human, to boot.  As anyone who knows her will attest.  And thanks also to  everyone at Adorned!  Fabulous people, every one of 'em.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it seems like on a blog dedicated to the progression of a backpiece, that we get a photo of the finished piece at the end? Just sayin'